Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Year's Questions and Answers (better late than never)

Because 2010 was a huge year for me, and I have a feeling 2011 will be the same here are some questions and answers I felt like doing for fun....enjoy!
What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
-Snorkeling, taught class all day every day, killed and cooked my own chicken for dinner, Seen the Pacific Ocean

-- Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t think I’ve ever kept a New Year’s resolution, and I don’t really plan on making any for this year.

-- Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.

-- Did anyone close to you die?
Luckily no. something I am very very thankful for.

-- What countries did you visit?
Samoa.

-- What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
1) My own classroom


-- What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
* The day of my college graduation
* October 5th-saying goodbye to my family before leaving for two years
-- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making the huge leap to fulfill my dream and teach abroad!

-- What was your biggest failure?
Allowing certain people to have way to much control over me.

-- Did you suffer illness or injury?
Besides the occasional sinus infections, this past year has been a pretty healthy year.
-- What was the best thing you bought?
An electric fan for my room in Samoa…. Its EXTREMELY hot here.

-- Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friends and family who pushed me to apply for the Peace Corps when I was having doubts about going through with it

-- Where did most all of your money go?
College, and Samoa

-- Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
Happier, the same, poorer

-- What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercise, spent more time with my family
What do you wish you'd done less of?
Spending money, stressing

-- How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent my Christmas opening a box of Christmas presents my mom sent me while talking to them on the phone. The rest of the day was spent with my new host family.

-- Did you fall in love in 2010?
No, but I see that as a good thing because if I did, I might not be where I am now.

-- What was your favorite TV program?
Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice

-- Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word, dislike is probably more like it

-- What was the best book you read?
The Devil To Pay-Harold Robbins


-- What did you want and get?
To be teaching abroad by 2011, CHECK!

-- What did you want and not get?
I can’t think of anything

-- What was your favorite film of this year?
Inception, Eat Pray Love

-- What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 23 and went down to Indianapolis. Had an amazing birthday weekend with my great friends!

-- What's one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Moving to Samoa was a major thing, but I there were some people I would have like to have been able to spend more time with before I left.

-- How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Teacher style

-- What kept you sane?
Reading other people’s blogs about being abroad

-- Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Eh, celebrities.

-- What political issue stirred you the most?
Eh, politics.

-- Who did you miss?
My mom!!!

-- Who was the best new person you met?
Jenny and Rachael- my two closest friends in the Peace Corps. I honestly don’t know what I would do without them here!
-- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Have a goal/dream and then fight like hell to fulfill it.

-- Quote a song that sums up your year:
“Go for your dream, no matter how far it takes you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment